Cavities or old discoloured restorations are replaced by tooth coloured composite materials. Great care is taken to maintain the natural shape and characteristics of the original tooth thereby making them indistinguishable from adjoining tooth structure.
Restorations are recommended for those who want to restore the function, integrity and morphology of a missing tooth structure resulting from decay or physical injury to the tooth.
A detailed consultation should be done with the dentist to understand the advantages and disadvantages. X - ray is taken to check the status of the affected tooth. After it is decided that restoration is the treatment of choice, your dentist will proceed further.
Isolation is done by using cotton rolls / rubber dam to keep the working site dry and free of saliva. After that your dentist bonds soft tooth like material directly to your teeth in multiple thin layers and hardens it with a UV light. This layering is done till the desired shade and shape is achieved. The final result is closest in appearance to that of surrounding natural teeth, making the restoration/filling almost invisible to the eye.
- You can eat or drink right away after the procedure.
- Avoid food and drinks that can stain the teeth and avoid certain habits such as biting on fingernails, pen caps, pens, pencils and other hard objects which can wear down the bonding material and tooth enamel over time.
- Visit your dentist regularly to keep a check on the restored teeth and polish off any stains if accumulated.
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Visit your dentist every 3 - 6 months.
- Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
- Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
- Avoid biting finger nails, pen's cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
No stone left unturned…. Dr. Krinita is a magician….no discomfort through the whole treatment….overall experience rating- 5 *
I know Dr Krinita since last 13 years and have under gone treatment whenever required. I find her very good at her work, dedicated and polite to her staff and patients. I would recommend her to anyone who wants to dazzle the world with their smile !!
Dear Dr. Krinita, Thank you for your kindness, wisdom and excellent treatment for my broken teeth. I am grateful to you that my experience was so positive. Competent, sensitive physicians like you are the prize of the medical profession.