This is a one sitting procedure in which thin layers of composite material are bonded to the tooth surface in order to correct problems in the teeth such as:-
We use the finest techniques and brands of composite materials, thus enabling us to mimic tooth structure to the tee and allow no distinction to the human eye between the natural tooth structure and the added composite material. The Procedure is long lasting as the material is durable and as easy to maintain as your natural tooth structure.
Bonding is ideal for those patients whose teeth are deeply stained or yellowed, whose teeth have become worn down with age, for lengthening teeth that appear too short, for closing a small gap between teeth or making other minor adjustments in tooth spacing or position.
It is not recommended to those patients who have poor oral hygiene, who have the habit to clench their teeth or bite their nails, who have exposed root surfaces etc.
A detailed consultation should be done with the dentist to understand the advantages and disadvantages. Your Cosmetic Dentist will take pictures and make models of your teeth to give you a more precise treatment plan.
You only need a single sitting for the Dental Bonding Procedure as opposed to multiple sittings like in veneers or Clear aligners.
Don't forget to ask your Cosmetic Dentist for His/ Her qualifications and experience in the cosmetic dentistry. Your Cosmetic Dentist can also show you before and after images of cases similar to yours, for you to get a better understanding of the final outcome and quality of work.
Proper isolation is done by using cotton rolls / rubber dam. After that your dentist bonds soft tooth like material directly to your teeth in multiple thin layers and hardens it with a UV light. This layering is done till the desired shade and shape is achieved. The final result is closest in appearance to that of surrounding natural teeth.
- After dental bonding patients have to come in 2 sessions of polishing. This is to ensure a smooth, shiny surface which does not encourage any food/ plaque accumulation. Maintenance of bonded teeth is pretty much the same as natural teeth.
- You can eat or drink right away after the procedure.
- Avoid food and drinks that can stain the teeth and avoid certain habits such as biting on fingernails, pen caps, pens, pencils and other hard objects which can wear down the bonding material and tooth enamel over time.
- Visit your dentist regularly to keep a check on the bonded teeth and polish off any stains if accumulated.
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Visit your dentist every 3 - 6 months.
- Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
- Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
- Avoid biting finger nails, pen's cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
I have gotten my hairlike gap filling done from Dr. Krinita Motwani and I am throughly very satisfied by her work.The little the work the more fineness needed.I loved the finishing of her work and would look forward to get any further teeth related treatment done from her :)
Very pleasant experience and happy with the dental treatment.
I had a great experience with Krinita and now I have a perfect set of teeth with a beautiful smile :) All thanks to her!